Cost Per Serving: $1.40
Yields 6 Servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- Caramelized onions
- Fried egg
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Fresh spinach
- In a medium bowl, mash the cannellini beans.
- Add quinoa, bread crumbs, garlic, chili powder, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Form into 6 patties. Place on a plate, cover, and refrigerate. Let chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and cook until golden and crips, about 5 minutes per side.
- During the last minute of cooking, add the Swiss cheese, cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Toast hamburger buns.
- Assemble your burger, adding any toppings you like, and enjoy!
**Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest.