Cost Per Serving: $1.02
Yields 4 Servings
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, separated
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 Tbsp. cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- 4 large tortillas
Optional Lean Protein To Serve With:
- Chicken breast
- Black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Greek yogurt with fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce. Stir to combine.
- Spread evenly on your lined baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Turn oven to broil and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Scoop the cauliflower back into the bowl and add remaining buffalo sauce. Stir to combine.
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine avocado, cream cheese, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. With a fork, smash the mixture, and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Spread your desired amount of avocado mixture on half of a tortilla. Top the avocado half with 1/4 of the cauliflower mixture and some of the sliced red onion.
- Close the tortilla and place in your hot pan. Cook until browned on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat for other quesadillas.
**Recipe adapted from This Savory Vegan.