Cost Per Serving: $0.48
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. onions diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Greek yogurt for dipping
Optional Lean Protein To Serve With:
- Chicken Breast
- Diced Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Onion
- Fresh Lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook it until fork tender, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into very small pieces (the size of peas or smaller).
- Measure out 4 cups of the chopped cauliflower. (Freeze the remaining cauliflower for later or to use for cauliflower tots or mashed cauliflower.)
- Saute onions.
- Combine the cauliflower, flour, eggs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly coat it with olive oil. Scoop out 2 – 3 tablespoon mounds of the cauliflower mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 – 3 minutes. Flip them once and cook them an additional 1 – 2 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve them warm with Greek yogurt and your favorite toppings.
**Recipe adapted from Kelly Senyei of ‘Just A Taste’.