Cost Per Serving: $1.55
Yields 4 Servings
- 3-4 cups quinoa
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- Cilantro to taste
- Other chopped vegetables
Optional Lean Meat Protein to Add:
- Roasted, baked, or grilled chicken
- Add 2 cups of water for every 1 cup quinoa and combine in a large pot. Bring to a boil and cover for 15-20 minutes, stirring periodically until fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat corn and black beans in a separate pot.
- Build your power bowl starting with a layer of quinoa. Add the corn and black beans. Top with tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and cilantro. Enjoy!
**Recipe courtesy of HCFB Nutrition Intern, Michael Long.