Cost Per Serving: $1.89
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium summer squash, chopped
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
Optional Lean Meat Protein to Add:
- Poached or roasted chicken breast
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add onion and celery and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, garbanzo beans, zucchini, summer squash, vegetable broth, water, and seasonings. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add optional toppings and enjoy!
**Recipe loosely based on Summer Minestrone Soup from Cook the Story.