Cost Per Serving: $1.34
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 baking potato, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Italian cheese blend
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat a shallow casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray or some olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant (about 5-7 minutes). Spread the mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Evenly arrange sliced vegetables on top, alternating as you go. Continue layering until no space remains. *Vegetables should be upright but leaning as if you stacked them before laying them in dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Top with fresh herbs if you’d like, and enjoy!
**Recipe adapted from Comfort of Cooking.