Cost Per Serving: $2.50
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 (14 oz.) can vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots,
- snap peas, mushrooms, and/or Roma tomatoes
- 1 16-oz package of frozen cheese tortellini
Optional Lean Meat Protein to Add:
- Grilled shrimp
- Grilled chicken
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Whisk broth and flour in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add
garlic, stirring occasionally, and cook until just beginning
to brown (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add broth mixture to the pan and bring to a boil,
stirring occasionally. Sauce is done when it is thick
enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, tarragon, and salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in another large pan over medium
heat. Add vegetables and sauté for 3 minutes, until
vegetables are tender. Season with salt.
- Add tortellini to the boiling water. Bring back to a simmer
and cook until pasta is al dente (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain and add pasta and vegetables to saucepan. Stir to
coat, and serve.
**Recipe adapted from Eating Well.