- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Onion powder
- Italian seasonings (thyme, oregano, basil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Optional Lean Meat Protein to Add:
- Chicken breast
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook until slightly golden and fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste, onion powder, and one (tomato paste) can of water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for half an hour. Stir frequently, adding more water if necessary.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, but reserve 3/4 of pasta water.
- Add sauce and chickpeas to pasta. Slowly add reserved pasta water until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh, grated parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings