- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can hominy, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup leafy greens (spinach, kale, bok choy, etc.), chopped
- Cheddar cheese
- Turkey bacon bits
Optional Lean Meat Protein to Add:
- Turkey bacon
- Shellfish (scallops or clams)
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Combine garlic, celery, and onion. Sauté until tender.
- Add hominy and potato. Lightly sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and brown sugar. Simmer on low for 35 minutes.
- Mix in greens during the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!