- 4 bell peppers
- 1 1/3 cups pre-cooked brown rice (ex: Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice)
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice (Ex: corn, carrots, zucchini, etc…)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 (8 oz.) jars tomato sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Cheddar cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Hollow out bell peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the seeds. Rinse.
- Cook rice according to instructions on package.
- Place bell peppers on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place cooked rice in a lare pot over low heat. Add chopped vegetables, garlic, and 1 1/2 jars of tomato sauce. Stir continuously until well mixed and vegetables are soft.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the hollowed out bell peppers, filling to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bell peppers are soft.
- During final five minutes, add rest of the tomato sauce and cheese on top. Continue baking.
- Add optional toppings and enjoy!