- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. chicken base
- 3 cups water
- 6 oz. dry pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz. shredded Italian cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots. Cook over medium heat until the onions become transparent.
- Add parsley, basil, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the green beans. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken base and water. Stir to dissolve.
- Add dry pasta and bring everything to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked. Stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Ladle the Pasta e Fagioli into a bowl and top with shredded cheese.