- 2 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 2 cans beans of your choice, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 peppers of your choice, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 – 2 tsp. chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onion
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for one minute.
- Add all spices and cook for 30 more seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add peppers, carrots, and celery to pot and cook until vegetables soften.
- Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a simmer. Once the chili begins to simmer, reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer with the lid off.
- Continue to cook the chili, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add beans and corn. Return to a simmer.
- Cook for five more minutes, or until the corn and beans have been heated through.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy.