2 raw broccoli stems, chopped into large pieces
1/3 c. pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bunch of fresh herbs (basil and cilantro used for this recipe)
1/2 c. of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine broccoli stems, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor or mini chopper and gently pulse.
- Add in liquid ingredients and herbs. Blend until smooth.
12 oz. bucatini or another pasta of your choice
Broccoli florets (everything left from the two heads of broccoli you destemmed for the pesto)
Sundried or semi-dried tomatoes, for garnish
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 bundle of asparagus, finely chopped (long ways)
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the broccoli florets, asparagus, and zucchini to the pan 4-5 minutes before the pasta is fully cooked.
- Drain pasta mix and return to the pan.
- Add the pesto and stir through over a very low heat.
- Garnish with sundried tomatoes and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Rickman