1 Cauliflower Head
1 Broccoli Head
1 Romaine Lettuce Head
1 Yellow Squash
2-3 Large Carrots
1 Red Onion
1 Bunch Cilantro
4 Roma Tomatoes
1 Can Black Beans, whole or refried
4 oz. Queso Fresca
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Package Taco Seasoning
Salt & Pepper (optional to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Cut cauliflower, broccoli into florets. Cut zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and onions into strips or slices.
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables above and toss with olive oil, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place veggies flat onto the sheet tray and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, chop tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, and queso fresca separately. Place each item in a separate bowl. Slice avocados (4-6 slices per half) and set aside.
- Optional: While the vegetables are roasting, toast tortillas in the oven for a 2-4 minutes or on the stove top in a pan. Cook until lightly toasted but still pliable.
- After 30 minutes check vegetable for doneness. They should be tender and golden brown. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes if necessary.
- Once veggies are cooked, remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Start building taco starting with bean, roasted veggies, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados. Enjoy!
**Recipe from Chef Katelyn Reading.