2 Tbsps. hummus
1/4 c. almonds
1 can garbanzo beans
2 celery stalks
3 c. spinach
1/2 Granny Smith apple
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. mustard
2 tsps. curry powder
1 Tbsp. water
*Optional: Salt & pepper
- Combine the hummus, oil, curry, garlic (peeled and chopped), and mustard in a mixing bowl. (To make this recipe oil-free, substitute additional hummus for olive oil.) If you're using wet mustard, double the measurement.
- Add water slowly until it's the desired consistency. Whisk or blend until evenly mixed. Add extra curry powder and salt to taste.
- Produce Prep: Rinse and drain the beans. Chop the rinsed apple, celery, and almonds.
- Combine apple, almonds, and celery with drained garbanzo beans in the mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the salad over a bed of spinach or as a sandwich with spinach.
**Recipe from Chef Katelyn Reading, who lead the cooking class.