1 1/2 yellow onion
10 oz. noodles
1/3 c. nutritional yeast
1 3/4 almond milk
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. panko/bread crumbs
1 tbsp. olive oil/vegan butter
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 20 min.
- Slice onions and cook in oil over medium heat until caramelized – about 12 min.
- Rinse and dry eggplant. Arrange eggplant slices on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Broil each side for 3-4 min. Be careful not to burn the eggplant.
- Prepare noodles according to package.
- Wrap eggplant in foil for 5 min. to steam. Peel off skin and add to blender with almond milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, and garlic powder. Add salt to taste.
- Pour sauce into the pan that cooked the onions and heat until it thickens. Add noodles when they are ready and half of the onions. Toss together.
- Toast panko in a pan with olive oil or vegan butter.
- Plate the pasta and top with the toasted panko and remaining caramelized onions.